Tuesday, June 10, 1980

Shopping & Natural History Museum

Nairobi, Kenya

This morning I went shopping with Mrs. Arensen, Samuel and Christine. Samuel and Christine are a young couple who are also going to Lohutok. It was sort of a wasted afternoon in that I accomplished nothing more than watch them shop. (Oh, I guess I did learn some patience.)

This afternoon, Jill, Lori, Faith and I went to the Natural History Museum. It was a long walk out there from downtown. It was interesting to see all the displays and stuffed animals. We also saw the snake pit with many live snakes on display. On our way back, we met a Kenyan named John Peter Mghade. He came to me and started talking at the bus stop and rode our bus. He was applying to go to Arizona for an MBA but was experiencing delays and red tape. I guess he wanted to talk about it. Christianity came up during our conversation. His parents are Seventh Day Adventists but he is not serious about it. I think he is in his mid to late twenties. He invited us over to his place after dinner, but we were unable to go. I hope we can do so tomorrow night to share the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment