Friday, June 6, 1980

Jet Lag in Nairobi

Nairobi, Kenya

Jet lag is the word for today. I didn’t sleep much or well on the plane. We sat in the smoking section. I arrived with burning eyes, a headache and an exhausted body. We had many details to take care of until dinner, so I didn’t hit the sack until about 2:00. I slept 2 1/2 hours, then got up to call Michael Collinson and Steve Franzel at the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (known by the Spanish acronym, CIMMYT). Steve will be out of town until Tuesday evening, but said to come and see him if I was still here then. I have a tentative appointment to see Collinson tomorrow if I can make it. They both seemed very friendly. Steve was especially so because he had attended Cornell and studied under Thomas T. Poleman, my major professor. I feel fairly rested now, but still a bit dizzy.

AIM headquarters here is nice, functional and quite busy. They are especially busy now since so many of us are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment