Monday, June 2, 1980

Departure

Pearl River, New York

My parents, my sister and I got up at 1:00 this morning and left for Wichita at 2:00. My flight departed at 7:13 am. I think we all had tears in our eyes when we said goodby. I didn’t feel so sad by the time I got to Memphis. I flew on to Newark where Mr. Kingma met me. He was a very genial and relaxed person. I found it very reassuring just to talk with some of the others who are going on short terms with Africa Inland Mission (AIM). They seem to be people in whom God is really working. Many (6) are with Student Training in Missions (STIM). Camaraderie is developing quickly.

AIM headquarters is very beautiful in its quiet, wooded setting. It is very practical also - part motel, part meeting facilities and part just plain home. It is a nice place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment