Tuesday, July 15, 1980

Food Distribution at Lalanga Clinic

Lohutok, Sudan

This morning, I took Martha, Marcia and David to the clinic at Lalanga.  The children seemed healthier and fewer in number than last time, but I am not sure of this.  I did not collect data this time.  The man who runs the Lalanga health center seemed to have a bit better record of his medicine than before.  We sold some of the canned goulash from Food for the Hungry and gave out milk powder.  Much goulash, beans and milk had also been sold at Lohutok.

This afternoon I helped put away supplies and started helping pull up the pipe from the well.  I talked to Tobia for a while and he showed me his notebooks from history and science in secondary school.  His drawings of flower parts, cells, etc. were very good.

We are still planning to go to Torit tomorrow morning.  I hope it does not rain too much.  I have not yet thought much about what I will say to the Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) agricultural staff or what I will ask them.

No comments:

Post a Comment