Sunday, June 22, 1980

Trial and Conviction

Lohutok, Sudan

There were about the same number of people in church as last Sunday.  After church, Daniel and some other men were sitting under a tree.  After a while, I went over to see them.  I soon found myself in the middle of a trial.  One man had come upon another man, taking him by surprise and beating him with a stick.  The beaten man reported the incident to the police who told Daniel to arrest the man and try him.  Each party stated his case before Daniel and some other men.  The offender was sentenced to six months in prison without bail as required by Sudanese law.
 
I think I will be offering to give a talk at a clinic on Saturday.  Martha was hinting for me to do this, but I want to listen to Janis do a talk first.
 
Janis talked quite a bit today about her past, how she met Lanny, previous assignments, etc.

It is too late tonight for deep thinking.  It is just 9:30 pm.  I am on a weird time schedule.  It is a near-the-equator, no-electricity schedule.  The sun sets earlier than during summer in the U.S. and having no electricity discourages staying up after dark.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment